Our practice uses the Alma Harmony Elite laser for the treatment of toenail fungus. This state-of-the-art laser uses two different wavelengths of light to treat fungal nail infections. The laser light is transmitted through the nail plate to the nail bed and absorbed by the pigmented fungus responsible for the toenail infection. The first wavelength of light causes the fungas to decapsulate and mechanically breaks down its protective outer barrier making it more susceptible to the second wavelength of amplified light. The second wavelength of light than causes thermal deactivation of the fungus. This allows the nail to grow out over time with a more normal coloration and thickness and assists in the restoration process. The result: healthy looking nails without the exposure to potentially harmful systemic antifungal pills.
The Alma Laser boasts some important advantages:
- Fast and easy to use
- Non toxic
- No systemic blood monitoring needed
- Eliminates the need to take potentially harmful antifungal pills
- Safe and effective
High Energy Extra Corporeal Shock Wave Therapy (ESWT)
Drs. Aiken and Rothschild continue to remain on the cutting edge with technology advancements for their patients such as ESWT.
This amazing non-surgical procedure has almost totally eliminated the need for open surgery of the heel for the treatment of chronic plantar fasciitis pain. In the event that conservative methods of care have failed, it is now the safest and most effective option available to address this debilitating problem. It requires no incision and has no recovery time or down time associated with it.
The success rate is substantially higher than that of open heel surgery and it carries with it substantially lower associated risks.
See our testimonials and videos to find out more on this advanced treatment option for chronic heel pain that we offer.
Erchonia Cold Laser Therapy
Discover the fastest way to treat Plantar Fasciitis.
Now you can relieve the pain and inflammation of the heel associated with plantar fasciitis. This is the only FDA market cleared laser that has been proven in clinical tests to effectively treat this painful condition. The regenerative powers of this low level laser technology can reduce inflammation and eliminate pain in the plantar fascia in only a matter of weeks and return your patients to an active life once again, naturally without the potentially harmful side effects of systemic anti-inflammatory medication or corticosteroid injections.
Nothing else like it.
Unlike other lasers on the market, the FX 635 is proven to promote cellular regeneration through painless bio-stimulation. It provides patients experiencing chronic heel pain with a non-invasive, efficacious solution to quickly improve their walking comfort and quality of life without surgery.
Benefits of Cold Laser Therapy
- Cold Laser works based on the process of biomodulation. It is a reactive or associative adjustment of the biochemical or cellular status of an organism
- A specified wavelength of laser light is used that penetrated exposed areas over 2 cm in depth. The powerhouse of each cell is photo-stimulated to greatly enhance the process of cellular regeneration that enhances and promotes the body’s natural ability to heal.
- Cold laser therapy is also showing great regenerative promise in treating nerve conditions like peripheral neuropathy and neuritis and is successfully being used to address many other conditions of inflammation such as tendinitis, bursitis, and soft tissue injury.